Leftwing Idiot Caught Trying Blow up Confederate Statue, Tries to Drink Explosive

From The Houston Chronicle

The park ranger spotted him kneeling in the bushes by the 112-year-old Confederate statue, explosives in hand.

Was he trying to harm the statue? she asked.

Yes, he said. He didn’t like the guy.

The late-night confrontation at the statue of Confederate Lt. Dick Dowling — detailed in court records by a federal agent — led to the arrest of 25-year-old Andrew Schneck, setting off a two-day operation by law enforcement that forced the evacuation of the tony Rice University neighborhood where Schneck lives with his parents.

Bomb squad experts detonated a cache of high-powered explosives found on the property Monday afternoon as residents waited to return to their homes.
The arrest marked the latest chapter in a growing fight over Confederate statues that has sparked protests across the country, punctuated by a deadly clash between white supremacists and counter-protesters Aug. 12 in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Schneck, charged Monday with attempting to maliciously damage or destroy property, was ordered into federal custody pending a court hearing later this week. If convicted, he could face up to 40 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
It is the second time Schneck has run afoul of federal law enforcement. He was convicted in 2014 of storing explosives at another of his parents’ properties and sentenced to five years probation, but was released early last year.
Lawyers for Schneck offered few details about the case.
“This is an evolving situation, with an ongoing investigation,” said Philip Hilder, who is representing Schneck and who represented him in the previous case. “It would be premature to comment at this time since we have not seen the evidence.”

The white marble statue of Dowling, an Irish immigrant who lived in Houston and fought for the Confederacy, was erected in 1905 to honor rebel soldiers who died at the Battle of Sabine Pass. A street named for Dowling was changed earlier this year to Emancipation Avenue.
Schneck’s arrest about 11 p.m. Saturday followed a day of protests and counter-protests over another controversial statue, the Spirit of the Confederacy, in Sam Houston Park. The “Destroy the Confederacy” protest drew hundreds but ended without incident.

Park Ranger Tamara Curtis, who was not allowed to speak to the media Monday, found Schneck near the base of the Dowling statue with two boxes filled with a homemade detonator, a timer, wiring, a battery, a bottle of nitroglycerin and an explosive organic compound known as HMTD, hexamethylene triperoxide diamine, according to the sworn statement by Federal Bureau of Investigations Special Agent Patrick Hutchinson.

After being confronted, he tried to drink some of the liquid explosives but “immediately spit the liquid on the ground … then proceeded to pour the contents of the bottle on the ground next to him,” according to the statement.
“Nitroclycerin is highly dangerous to transport or use,” Hutchinson wrote. “ln its undiluted form, it is one of the world’s most powerful explosives.”

Schneck told law enforcement he had other chemicals at his home on Albans Road, sending a swarm of local and federal agents to the tree-lined street just north of Rice University.
The searches Monday followed an all-night “enforcement operation” led by the FBI.
Deron Ogletree, an assistant special-agent-in-charge in the FBI’s Houston office, said experts came in from the national training center at Quantico, Virginia, as well as other FBI offices in Dallas and New Orleans.
“We’ve been working long hours since Saturday evening,” Ogletree said Monday.

By 9:15 a.m. Monday, FBI agents had set up a blue tent on the front lawn, as hazardous materials experts and agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives searched the property.
“There’s a significant amount of material,” said Larry Satterwhite, an assistant Houston police chief who oversees the Homeland Security Command. “Some very hazardous materials were found.”
Satterwhite didn’t say what type of explosives investigators found.

……Federal agents first raided the Schneck home in the 2000 block of Albans Road in 2013, when another multi-agency team stormed the property owned by his parents, Houston arts consultant Cecily E. Horton and her husband, Andrew Edward Schneck.
Agents also searched other properties in 2013 owned by the couple, including a Memorial-area home and a condo in Bryan.

Officials initially said the younger Schneck was believed to have chemicals that could be used to make nerve gas or tear gas. They eventually found a military-grade explosive called picric acid at the Memorial area home on Fall River.
The following year, the then 22-year-old Schneck pleaded guilty in federal court to knowingly storing explosives and was sentenced to five years probation. A judge released him last year ahead of schedule.

Smooth move, judge.

While on probation, he completed a bachelor’s degree at Austin College, where he majored in chemistry. He expressed interest in attending graduate school to study chemical reactions using “cutting-edge computer learning software,” according to court documents.

He adhered to the probation stipulations and paid off more than $150,000 in restitution.

“Schneck is not a risk to public safety nor is there a history of violence,” his lawyers argued.

Nah, he’s just a “peaceful” antifa terrorist in the making.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Wordpress Social Share Plugin powered by Ultimatelysocial