The government is accumulating $50 billion in deficits a week, and they’re proud of this?
Numerous GOP and Democratic sources on and off Capitol Hill tell National Journal that the outline of the deal is as follows: up to $39 billion in cuts from the 2010 budget, $514 billion in spending for the defense budget covering the remainder of this fiscal year, a GOP agreement to abandon controversial policy riders dealing with Planned Parenthood and the EPA, and an agreement to pass a “bridge” continuing resolution late Friday night to keep the government operating while the deal is written in bill form.
They need to make more constructive cuts that stop the insanity of this bullshit:
– $462,000 to purchase 22 concrete toilets for use in the Mark Twain National Forest in Missouri
– $1 million for Portland, Ore., to replace 100 aging bike lockers and build a garage that would house 250 bicycles.
– $1.3 million on government arts jobs in Maine, including $30,000 for basket makers, $20,000 for storytelling and $12,500 for a music festival.
– $6 million for a snow-making facility in Duluth, Minn.
– $173,834 to weatherize eight pickup trucks in Madison County, Ill.
– $20,000 for a fish sperm freezer at the Gavins Point National Fish Hatchery in South Dakota.
– $300,000 for a GPS-equipped helicopter to hunt for radioactive rabbit droppings at the Hanford nuclear reservation in Washington state.
Not to mention phantom districts, payoffs to union thugs, bailouts to banks forced to submit to the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac scam, and corporations that should have been told to go bankrupt like everyone else.
We have a $14 trillion national debt that shows no signs of slowing down and unfunded liablities of $75 trillion against the increasingly worthless dollar. But they’re patting themselves on the back over ‘cuts’ that don’t even amount to half of a drop in the bucket.