What a leftard.
Hat Tip to Hot Air: http://hotair.com/archives/2009/12/12/has-america-become-ungovernable/
From Yglesias’ bed-wetting comments:
The smarter elements in Washington DC are starting to pick up on the fact that it’s not tactical errors on the part of the president that make it hard to get things done, it’s the fact that the country has become ungovernable. …
We’re suffering from an incoherent institutional set-up in the senate. You can have a system in which a defeated minority still gets a share of governing authority and participates constructively in the victorious majority’s governing agenda, shaping policy around the margins in ways more to their liking. Or you can have a system in which a defeated minority rejects the majority’s governing agenda out of hand, seeks opening for attack, and hopes that failure on the part of the majority will bring them to power. But right now we have both simultaneously. It’s a system in which the minority benefits if the government fails, and the minority has the power to ensure failure. It’s insane, and it needs to be changed.
“Ungovernable”: Codeword for those incorrigible, freedom-loving, Constitution supporting, eeeeeevil American citizens.
It’s not Obama’s incompetence or his threats to implement “command and control” policies.
It’s not his seizure of private industries, corporations, and banks; placing them under centralized government control. It’s not his ‘redistribution’ of wealth’. It’s not even the possibility of government-contolled health care that’s at fault. It’s the “ungovernable” country.
Obama’s “tactical errors” include:
* The assumption that though he was elected by a voting population of white liberal effetes, union lackeys, and minorities who have a sense of unearned entitlement, that this was a mandate to “fundamentally transform” America into a socialist state.
* The mistaken belief that everyone would fall in line with that idea.
* Dismissing the grassroots movement of millions of patriots who voice outrage at the hubris of politicians.
* The expectation that his tax/spend/bailout/corporate takeover orgy would be well-received by a compliant populace.
* And last but certainly not least, the dismay of shell-shocked Democrats at the realization that there are citizens who actually read and analyze proposed legislation, even if the politicians don’t.
Yglesias says something that never occures to him when Republicans are in the majority:
It’s a system in which the minority benefits if the government fails, and the minority has the power to ensure failure. It’s insane, and it needs to be changed.
What’s insane and needs to be changed is the attitude of Congress and Senate. They don’t think they work for us.
They’re under the impression that they work for lobbyists, large financial contributors, special interests, and themselves.
There’s a growing population of Americans who aren’t sold on THE ONE’s holy charisma. That excludes the likes of the MSM radical left fringe (Olbermann, Chrissy Matthews, Terry Moran, Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson, Newsweek, Time, WaPo, the New York Times) and most of Hollywood. They still adore him even though he’s destroying the country.
They’re just pissed because us “ungovernable” people are an obstacle to Obama’s “change”.