My first impression was, “you’ve got to be kidding”, but then I remembered they also gave it to Jimmy Carter and Al Gore.
Just some of the sickening reasons given by the morons in Oslo:
Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday in a stunning decision designed to encourage his initiatives to reduce nuclear arms, ease tensions with the Muslim world and stress diplomacy and cooperation rather than unilateralism.
Nobel observers were shocked by the unexpected choice so early in the Obama presidency, which began less than two weeks before the Feb. 1 nomination deadline.
……The Norwegian Nobel Committee lauded the change in global mood wrought by Obama’s calls for peace and cooperation but recognized initiatives that have yet to bear fruit: reducing the world stock of nuclear arms, easing American conflicts with Muslim nations and strengthening the U.S. role in combating climate change.
“Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world’s attention and given its people hope for a better future,” said Thorbjoern Jagland, chairman of the Nobel Committee.
If I didn’t know they were actually serious, I would have said Ashton Kutcher is in a nearby van, with a pair of headphones. Gone are the days when the requisite for this award was doing something worthy of its symbolism, although Albert Nobel was best known for inventing dynamite. Once upon a time, you actually had to accomplish something good to receive it.
Like this year’s runner’s up: Hat Tip to Moonbattery. (http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2009/10/barack_obama_wi.html)
- Chinese Human Rights Activist Hu Jia – imprisoned for campaigning for human rights in the PRC, not as worthy as Barack Hussein Obama.
- Wei Jingsheng, who spent 17 years in Chinese prisons for urging reforms of China’s communist system. — not as worthy as Barack Hussein Obama. (Not to mention the symbolic value of awarding a Chinese dissident on the 20th Anniversary of the Tianenmen Square Massacre.)
- Greg Mortenson, founder of the Central Asia Institute has built nearly 80 schools, especially for girls, in remote areas of northern Pakistan and Afghanistan over the past 15 years – not as worthy as Barack Hussein Obama.
- Prince Ghazi bin Muhammad, a philosophy professor in Jordan who risks his life by advocating interfaith dialogue between Jews and Muslims, also not as worthy as Barack Hussein Obama.
- Afghan human rights activist Sima Samar. She currently leads the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission and serves as the U.N. special envoy to Darfur and is apparently also not as worthy as Barack Hussein Obama.
By the way, here’s a reaction from Khaled al-Batch, a leader of the militant Islamic Jihad in Gaza:
it “shows these prizes are political, not governed by the principles of credibility, values and morals,” ….“Why should Obama be given a peace prize while his country owns the largest nuclear arsenal on earth and his Soldiers continue to shed innocent blood in Iraq and Afghanistan?”
And this from the streets in Cairo:
“Love the dude, but all he’s done on the peace side of things is make a few nice speeches and not go to war with anyone else,” Ibrahim Assem, 32, who works as a portfolio manager at a London-based equity firm in Cairo. “They are handing him the Nobel Peace Prize because he isn’t George Bush.”
Yeah, that’s it. It’s just a collective sigh from the anti-Bush dickbags. The Nobel Committee is chock full of America haters, period. As long as there’s a malleable world class simp in the Oval Office, who eagerly wants everyone to like him, so much the better.
According to the DNC, if you have a problem with the Norwegian panel bestowing this award to Obama, then you’re a terrorist. Yes, really:
The Republican Party has thrown in its lot with the terrorists – the Taliban and Hamas this morning – in criticizing the President for receiving the Nobel Peace prize,” DNC communications director Brad Woodhouse told POLITICO. “Republicans cheered when America failed to land the Olympics and now they are criticizing the President of the United States for receiving the Nobel Peace prize – an award he did not seek but that is nonetheless an honor in which every American can take great pride – unless of course you are the Republican Party.“The 2009 version of the Republican Party has no boundaries, has no shame and has proved that they will put politics above patriotism at every turn. It’s no wonder only 20 percent of Americans admit to being Republicans anymore – it’s an embarrassing label to claim,” Woodhouse said.
Well that’s funny, given the fact that the leftwing Dems hopped in the ideological sack with terrorists a while back:
Like Carter, Obama has never met a dictator he doesn’t like. He’s a socialist empty suit who kowtows and apologizes to every malefactor on the planet. That must be the new requirement for the Nobel. Just wait until he gets done making the world a lot less safe with his bumbling “diplomacy”.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is laughing his ass off.