Members of Congress and Hill staffers will not lose their health-care subsidies from the government when Obamacare is implemented because of an exception proposed Wednesday by the Office of Personnel Management.
Under the current system, the government covers most of the cost of health-care premiums for members and their staffers.
But an amendment to the Affordable Healthcare Act— proposed by Iowa Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley—threw those subsidies into question saying that members and staff must enter into the exchanges or be covered by insurance “created” by law.
The potential for staff losing the subsidies led to concerns of “brain drain” from the Hill if staffers left as a result of the increased costs.
Let me get this straight: If the privileged effete in the Obama regime are subjected to the same government-controlled clusterfuck as us peons, they may have to quit their jobs. Tough. Shit.
Dear Leader personally intervened:
Last week, when Obama came to the Hill to meet with Senate Democrats, he informed them that he would personally get involved to sort out the confusion, and the White House said that OPM would issue guidelines this week.
The guidelines, released Wednesday, allow for members and staff to retain their subsidies from the government, an exception in exchange for giving up “premium tax credits” that they would otherwise be eligible for under Obamacare.
The ‘confusion’ being that the OPM was under the mistaken impression that the ruling elite wasn’t going to be exempt from the impending health care disaster. I’m glad Emperor B. Hussein straightened that out for them.
- They’re Just Better Than You: President Lavishes Taxpayer-Funded Obamacare Subsidy on the House, Senate and Their Staffers (rushlimbaugh.com)
- Obama throws Capitol Hill a helping hand on ObamaCare (hotair.com)
- Obama Promises to Help Congressional Staffers Avoid Obamacare (breitbart.com)
- Obama Exempts Ruling Class Washington from Obamacare — and Nobody Cares (rushlimbaugh.com)
- Obama Approves Plan to Exempt Congress and Staffers From the Horrors of Obamacare (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Utterly Corrupt Obama Rewriting ObamaCare Unilaterally (Again) (patterico.com)
- Obamacare for Thee But Not for Me (nationalreview.com)
- SHOCK: Congress Gets Backdoor Obamacare Exemption (libertyfirewall.com)