John Hawkins at Townhall comes up with at least 7 examples. Here’s one:
3) Liberals emphasize feeling superior, not superior results. Liberalism is all about appearances, not outcomes. What matters to liberals is how a program makes them FEEL about themselves, not whether it works or not. Thus a program like Headstart, which sounds good because it’s designed to help children read, makes liberals feel good about themselves, even though the program doesn’t work and wastes billions. A ban on DDT makes liberals feel good about themselves because they’re “protecting the environment” even though millions of people have died as a result. For liberals, it’s not what a program does in the real world; it’s about whether they feel better about themselves for supporting it.
Read the rest here: http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2011/08/23/7_reasons_why_liberals_are_incapable_of_understanding_the_world/page/full/
10. They believe oil companies’ profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn’t.
9. They believe the government will do a better job of spending the money you earn.
8. They think freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
7. They’re way too irresponsible to own a gun, and you know that your local police are all you need to protect you and your family from murderers and thieves.
6. They believe Al Gore’s prediction that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if you don’t start driving a Prius.
5. They’re not concerned about heinous crimes, so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
4. They think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.
3. They believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the democrats see fit.
2. They believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
1. Their heads are so firmly planted up their ass, it is unlikely that they’ll ever have another point of view.