And some idiots still trust the government to choose their health care options….
$787 billion of our taxes, and here is how the government spends it.
– $462,000 to purchase 22 concrete toilets for use in the Mark Twain National Forest in Missouri
– $1 million for Portland, Ore., to replace 100 aging bike lockers and build a garage that would house 250 bicycles.
– $1.3 million on government arts jobs in Maine, including $30,000 for basket makers, $20,000 for storytelling and $12,500 for a music festival.
– $6 million for a snow-making facility in Duluth, Minn.
– $173,834 to weatherize eight pickup trucks in Madison County, Ill.
– $20,000 for a fish sperm freezer at the Gavins Point National Fish Hatchery in South Dakota.
– $300,000 for a GPS-equipped helicopter to hunt for radioactive rabbit droppings at the Hanford nuclear reservation in Washington state.
Those are just a few examples of fraud, waste, and abuse of taxpayer’s funds.
If you had the power to decide how $787 billion dollars of our money was to be used, would you worry about radioactive rabbit pellets?
Add to the above list all of the payoffs, bribery, and socialist government takeovers that happen in the guise of ‘stimulus’ and ‘bailouts’.
How’s that “change” coming along?