From Big Peace.
On the eve of the hearings, the State Department claimed not to have linked the Libya attack to an anti-Islamic video made in the United States–although Secretary of State Hillary Clinton did so in television advertisements the State Department produced for Pakistani television, and UN Ambassador Susan Rice told the media over and over again that the attacks had been part of a spontaneous demonstration of outrage across the region. Numerous requests for additional security in Benghazi had been ignored by the diplomats at Foggy Bottom.
The hearings so far:
Former Army Special Operations officer LTC Andrew Wood, and the State Department’s former regional security officer in the country, Eric Nordstrom, expressed anger at the way the State Department dismissed and ignored concerns over the lack of security measures at the U.S. embassy in Libya:
After a day of testimony on Capitol Hill and weeks of conflicting accounts from the Obama administration regarding the deadly Libya attack, the frustration of boots-on-the-ground employees boiled over late Wednesday.
Scathing criticism from two former security officers for the U.S. mission in Libya surfaced at the close of an already-tense hearing before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.
During that hearing, senior officials continued to play down any suggestion that additional security forces could have prevented what was described as an “unprecedented” attack on Sept. 11.
But the two security officers indicated they were butting heads with higher-ups all along to try to secure more staffing.
“We were fighting a losing battle. We couldn’t even keep what we had,” said Lt. Col. Andrew Wood, former head of a 16-member U.S. military team that helped protect the embassy in Tripoli.
The State Department’s former regional security officer in the country, Eric Nordstrom, closed by recalling a conversation he had with a State official when asking for more agents on the ground. After being told he was asking for too much, Nordstrom recalled saying:
“‘You know what (is) most frustrating about this assignment? It’s not the hardships, it’s not the gunfire, it’s not the threats. It’s dealing and fighting against the people, programs and personnel who are supposed to be supporting me.’
“And I added it by saying, ‘For me, the Taliban is on the inside of the building.'”
Nordstrom also testified that the State Department told him they wanted to keep the number of security personnel in Benghazi “artificially low”. Whatever the hell that means.
The Under Secretary of State for Management Patrick Kennedy, State Department chief Hillary Clinton, Ambassador Susan Rice, Spokes-kid Jay Carney, and Obama, have lied, denied, spun, and blamed others throughout this whole goddamned disaster.
Charlene Lamb, Deputy Assistant Secretary for International Programs at the Department of State’s Bureau of Diplomatic Security, refuses to admit it was an act of terrorism. It’s just a man-caused disaster.
The willful ignorance, ignoring the warnings of attacks prior to the storming of the embassies, refusing the request for more security, and the sickening incessant groveling by embassy officials, the military hierarchy, the State Department, and Obama, have taken place in full view of the world.
The mother of Sean Smith, one of the slain embassy personnel, calls the explanations given by the Obama regime “baloney that comes through with this political stuff”. The rest of us have a stronger interpretation: Bullshit on stilts.
The Left vilified the video’s creator, Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, as if he were at fault for perpetually outraged, violent muzzie thugs. He was subsequently arrested for violating Obama’s idea of the First Amendment.
That’s how the entire crew in the Obama regime operates. Deny everything, don’t own your mistakes, refuse accountability, and blame others. They have no fucking shame.