Prior to President Barack Obama’s marathon 54 minute speech in Ohio today, the Obama campaign sent our several statements promising the speech would be a major address framing the campaign going forward. Despite the hype, the speech was mainly a rehash of themes and ideas from the president’s recent stump speeches and his remarks were widely panned as overly long by the political press corps. …
Before the speech was over, Politico’s Mike O’Brien begged the president to stop.
On the air, MSNBC’s Jonathan Alter said it was “one of the worst speeches I’ve ever heard Barack Obama make.” He refused to back down.
Obama checked all the boxes:
1. Blame Bush.
2. Characterize Romney as part of the “evil rich”.
3. “Education. Energy. Innovation. Infrastructure. And a tax code focused on American job creation and balanced deficit reduction.”
The complaints from the leftwingnut peanut gallery are mostly about the length of the speech, the stale approach, and lack of a compelling argument.
Is that all?
He’s a complete SCOAMF who has added $5 trillion to the nation’s debt, put a dent in our national security, rammed un-Constitutional ObamaCare through Congress, leaked classified secrets to the media for his own benefit, spent billions of taxpayer funds on government takeovers and eco-scams, and kowtowed to foreign despots. His socialist/Keynesian agenda is diametrically opposed to our Democratic Republic, but the only thing that fazes the media effetes is his lackluster delivery. Not enough sugar on the shit sandwich.
- Obama ‘Major Address’ Panned by Fans in the Press; AP Barely Musters Eight Paragraphs, But Debuts New Halo (newsbusters.org)
- Mitts first act of aggression toward Obama, Mitt shows him his stick is bigger, in Ohio (constitutionclub.org)
- The left can’t handle the truth! Jonathan Alter the target of liberal invective for not praising Obama’s ‘least successful’ speech (twitchy.com)
- ‘Talk is cheap’: Romney trashes Obama speech (news.yahoo.com)