He sides-steps the Constitution on a regular basis, so why not add breaking the law as a bonus?
On Friday, the Obama administration issued a memo announcing that federal immigration officials do not have to deport illegal aliens if they are enrolled in any type of education program, if their family members have volunteered for U.S. military service, or even if they are pregnant or nursing.
This new policy of “prosecutorial discretion” was quietly announced on Friday afternoon, and completely ignored by the mainstream press.
Author of Arizona’s SB1070 and Kansas’ secretary of state, Kris Kobach, told the Daily Caller: “They’re pushing the [immigration] agents to be even more lax, to go further in not enforcing the law. At a time when millions of Americans are unemployed and looking for work, this is more bad news coming from the Obama administration… [if the administration] really cared about putting Americans back to work, it would be vigorously enforcing the law.”
Late last year, the so-called DREAM Act which would give legal residency status to millions of illegal aliens who attend college or join the military was defeated in the Senate.
Every major poll has shown that the American people are overwhelmingly opposed to the DREAM Act as well as to any other form of amnesty.
However, with Obama’s poll numbers plummeting, this use of his executive powers is seen as an obvious ploy to solidify the Latino vote in the 2012 presidential election.
He’s thumbing his nose at Federal statutes and the states that are doing the job the Feds won’t do. Illegal aliens make up aportion of the Dems voting bloc, he wouldn’t want them leaving the country, especially with the 2012 election coming up.
- Obama Implementing ‘Dream Act’ Through The Back Door In Order To Gain Hispanic Voter Support (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Stealth Amnesty is here, thanks to the Obama Regime. – Tea Party Nation (gds44.wordpress.com)
- White House loosens border rules for 2012 (tancredoradio.wordpress.com)
- Obama issues Dream Act by executive order…press ignores (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- DREAM Act is a losing proposition for law-abiding Americans (thehill.com)