Thanks, President Punchdrunk.
The five men facing trial in the Sept. 11 attacks will plead not guilty so that they can air their criticisms of U.S. foreign policy, the lawyer for one of the defendants said.
Scott Fenstermaker, the lawyer for accused terrorist Ali Abd al-Aziz Ali, said Sunday the men would not deny their role in the 2001 attacks but “would explain what happened and why they did it.”
‘What happened and why they did it’….Three guesses, first two don’t count.
The Koran…Islam….Allah….hatred for the West….animosity towards democracy and freedom….misogynistic tendencies…pick one.
The U.S. Justice Department announced earlier this month that Ali and four other men accused of murdering nearly 3,000 people in the deadliest terrorist attack in the U.S. will face a civilian federal trial just blocks from the site of the destroyed World Trade Center.
Ali, also known as Ammar al-Baluchi, is a nephew of professed 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.
Mohammed, Ali and the others will explain “their assessment of American foreign policy,” Fenstermaker said.
“Their assessment is negative,” he said.
The Nazis, Japs, and Fascist Italians, didn’t like our foreign policy during WWII, either.
And of course the “world” is doing its part as an accomplice for muslim jihadists:
A legal team is going to New York to prevent the use of evidence provided by Germany in seeking a death penalty. Berlin wants to ensure that promises made by the US are kept if the suspects are found guilty.
A team of observers from the German government is going to New York to oversee the trial of five suspects accused of orchestrating the September 11 terrorist attacks in the United States, the news magazine Der Spiegel reported on Saturday.
The federal trial of the suspect Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and his four co-defendants was announced on November 13 by the US Justice Department. The government also asserted that it intends to seek the death penalty if the accused are found guilty.
Germany, which does not have a death penalty, provided evidence for the trial on the condition that it could not be used to support a death sentence. Several members of the al Qaeda cell that planned and executed the attacks of September 11 were previously based in the northern German city of Hamburg.
The Germans can monitor this shit on TruTV. They’re simply pandering to the leftwing in their country and across Europe. Since when does German law apply in the United States?….oh that’s right, the ‘world’s president’ is in charge.
Understandably, the loved ones of the 9/11 victims and the survivors are pissed.
Last Wednesday, a group of 9/11 family members and New York first responders attended the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing in which Attorney General Eric Holder testified about his decision to prosecute Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and the 9/11 co-conspirators in a New York City federal court. Mr. Holder stumbled through several tough and pointed questions about the dangers of giving war criminals the same rights as American citizens and blurring the mission of our war fighters. He was visibly unnerved by the presence of the families and the first responders. We want to keep the pressure on him, as well as President Obama, who we were shocked to learn was AWOL on this reckless decision.
Nearly two weeks ago we sent a letter signed by 300 family members to President Obama, AG Holder and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates. After Mr. Holder’s announcement last Friday, another 120,000 people (as of today) have signed the letter in support of our position. Many of these individuals are family members from all three attack sites, active & retired FDNY, PAPD & NYPD, first responders from throughout the country and active, reserve and retired members of the military.
We are holding a press conference on Tuesday, November 24, at noon in Battery Park, Clinton Castle for the 9/11 families and first responders/survivors. We chose to hold it on Thanksgiving Week in the hope that our fellow Americans will join us in sending our prayers and messages of thanks to our troops and first responders, who bear the brunt of the decisions made in Washington. At that time we will announce the details for a large rally in New York City on Saturday, December 5, at noon at a location to be announced at the press conference.
Going forward, we think it is important that the rally be tightly focused on the issues of keeping 9/11 war crimes trials out of civilian courts, keeping foreign terrorists off U.S. soil, and reversing the policy of returning to pre-9/11 days when the U.S. Government responded to deadly terrorist attacks with arrest warrants.
Please stay tuned as we release more information in the next few days.
Debra Burlingame* and Tim Sumner
9/11 Families for a Safe & Strong America
*Debra Burlingame is also a board member of Keep America Safe.
We knew this was coming: http://michellemalkin.com/2008/07/16/educating-the-ignorant-kumbaya-candidate/
Not only do we have to put up with a Dhimmi for a ‘commander-in-chief’, but we will also be subjected to Islamic jihadist propaganda with a New York City courtroom as their soapbox.
These are foreign enemy wartime combatants; they are not entitled to trial in a civilian court, nor are they guaranteed rights under the U.S. Constitution. The Democrats in the Obama regime have trampled on, circumvented, and altered the Constitution with their own imaginary, tailored, specifications. The document seems to have undergone a grotesque transformation, all without the benefit of a national referendum as outlined in Article V.
Obama is a dangerous, stupid little dickbag. He totally disregards the best interests of the American people in favor of his narcissistic, socialist doctrine. Instead of using every resource at his disposal to strengthen our national security and the economy, he’s committing an endless abuse of power to sabotage, instead.
Maybe they can save room on the docket for his fucking trial.