“…the “only reason” that the murder of the US ambassador in Benghazi, Libya had become a political issue is “because of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. It’s a big part of their stump speech.”
Maybe she can explain that to the families of the slain embassy personnel.
“I think today we got another indication of how President Obama and his campaign fail to grasp the seriousness of the challenges that we face here in America,” Romney said at a rally in North Carolina.
The Republican nominee went on to quote Cutter’s remarks, before turning them against the president.
“No, President Obama, it’s an issue because this is the first time in thirty-three years that a United States Ambassador has been assassinated.
“Mr President, this is an issue because we were attacked successfully by terrorists on the anniversary of 9/11.
“President Obama, this is an issue because Americans wonder why it was it took so long for you and your administration to admit that this was a terrorist attack,” Romney said, demanding “serious answers” for the American people.
That’s Obama’s strategy. Lie, cover up, side step, and blame others. It’s part of his platform.
- Cutter: Romney, Ryan ‘entire reason’ Libya attack is political issue (thehill.com)
- Obama Spokesman Stephanie Cutter: Benghazi Is Only an Issue Because of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan (Updates) (pjmedia.com)
- Appalling disgrace: Stephanie Cutter says ‘Benghazi only an issue because of Romney and Ryan’; Update: She doubles down on Twitter (twitchy.com)
- Stephanie Cutter’s Bad Day, Still in Progress (nationalreview.com)
- Boom! Obama campaign says only Romney making Libya an issue; Romney campaign responds (twitchy.com)
- Cutter in Complete Meltdown on Libya (commentarymagazine.com)