I don’t trust any Dem, but so far, Manchin has shown some integrity with this.
Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) said on Sunday he will oppose the $4.91 trillion Build Back Better Act, effectively killing the “mammoth” legislation.
“I cannot vote to continue with this piece of legislation. … I can’t get there,” Manchin said on Fox News Sunday.
Manchin, the West Virginia moderate Democrat, serves as the critical swing vote in the Senate for Democrats to pass the bill through the Senate.
Democrats have hoped to use budgetary reconciliation to pass the legislation, as that would allow Democrats to pass the bill using a simple majority in Congress’ upper chamber. However, since Democrats only have a one-member majority, it would require the approval of two swing votes, Manchin and Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ).
“This is a no on this legislation,” Manchin said.
“That bill is a mammoth piece of legislation,” Manchin said of the Build Back Better Act.
Breitbart News wrote a guide to all of the provisions in the House-passed Build Back Better Act. President Joe Biden has compared this legislation to the New Deal and the Great Society programs.
“I’ve tried, I really did,” he added.
Manchin’s opposition to the Build Back Better follows after President Joe Biden announced he would delay the bill after failing to strike an accord with Manchin.
Manchin has had significant concerns with the legislation, especially the bill’s official $1.7 trillion price tag.
Manchin has voiced significant concerns about the bill’s high price tag. He said that the Congressional Budget Office’s (CBO report stating that the would cost $4.9 trillion and add $3 trillion to the deficit if many of the sunsetted programs were permanently extended was “sobering.”
Manchin also said he has had concerns with the bill’s expanded child tax credit (CTC) provision, which was set to expire on December 31. The provision was created through the Democrats’ $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan.
Biden’s monstrosity includes the following items, which should make your blood boil: Increases the deficit, increases funding of the jackbooted IRS, gives amnesty to illegals and encourages more of them to invade the country, funds the “climate change hoax and “green energy” failures, and expands the ObamaCare disaster.
Other reprehensible bullshit in the bill:
- Removes a funding prohibition that would bar any contract, subcontract, grant or loan to any entity involved in forced labor of Uyghur Muslims in the Xinjiang province of China.
- Grant special interests to trial lawyers to modify current expensing rules to allow plaintiffs’ attorney to deduct out-of-pocket litigation costs in the year they are incurred, rather than waiting until the conclusion of the litigation.
- Impose a new tax on nicotine
- Establish a tax credit for journalists; this tax credit would be applied against Medicare employer taxes for wages paid to journalists
- The bill claims that all American minorities are “denied a full opportunity” to participate in American life.
- Promotes funding for racism and discrimination training curriculum; refers to pregnant women as pregnant “individuals”
- Subjects small businesses with $600 in transactions to backup tax withholding requirements if they fail to comply with IRS regulations
- Spends $2.5 billion for “Community-based Violence Intervention initiatives” which could be used to deny the individual exercise of the 2nd Amendment without due process
That entire bill, along with the Dem party, should be scuttled.