A buddy of mine posted this on his Facebook page. It’s a 3-minute speech by Jeff Daniels’ character, Will McAvoy, in the now-canceled HBO series The News Room.
It took place during a debate after a college student asked the panel “Can you say why America is the greatest country in the world”? When it came time for Will McAvoy to answer, he launched into a tirade about what he views as the faults, fails, flaws, and ‘used to be’s, of America.
Okay, fair enough. Here’s my point by point response.
1. Yep, the NEA is a loser because it functions as a left-wing propagating apparatus that contributes to the dumbing down of American education.
2. Liberals haven’t lost enough. They’ve damaged this country in immeasurable ways thanks to their hatred of America, the Constitution, the immigration laws, and national sovereignty. They infest everything with identity politics and fling feckless, retarded accusations of ‘xenophobe, racist, sexist, homophobe’ at anyone who disagrees with their bat-shit crazy agenda.
3. As for freedom: Yeah, the 180 countries he mentioned—other than the United States—have freedom. But look how much of that freedom in places like the UK, Belgium, Germany, France, and Canada, have eroded thanks to their idiotic liberal stance on muzzie ‘migrants’. The respective governments have actually made it a crime to criticize the very murderous Islamic ‘culture’ that slaughters their citizens, refuses to assimilate and has established ‘no-go zones’ and enclaves for their Sharia-based oppression.
Britain put out the welcome mat for Islamofascist muzzies a while back and now they’re reaping the consequences. British protocol involves bend-over-backwards Dhimmihood. The muslim thugs in Britain feel quite welcome there for good reason. Britain sends money to their jihadist pals, they get special attention to their sensitivities, and the British government is producing public relations campaigns that would make Neville Chamberlain blush. British police charged a man with making ‘malicious statements’ about the muslim pigs who hacked British Soldiers to death. A British motorist was told to remove the British flag from his car because it could be ‘offensive’ to muslims. In 2010, a UK teacher was fired after objecting to muzzie students praising terrorists. The muzzie population in Britain is so emboldened by the cowardice of the British government that they flung epithets and hate speech toward British Soldiers during a homecoming parade. Families of terrorist bombers receive millions of dollars from Britain and the European Union. Two schoolboys were punished with detention for refusing to kneel and pray to allah. Police K9 dogs will have to wear bootees when searching the homes of Muslim suspects so as not to cause offense. Lord Chief Justice Lord Phillips, the most senior judge in England, gave his blessing to the use of Sharia Law.
The Canadian “Human Rights Commission” brought charges against author Mark Steyn for an article he wrote in Maclean’s titled “America Alone”. The article discussed the rise of Islamofascism and the contributing factor of Western complicity in its ascension. The charges were finally dropped after public outrage. The fact that those charges were leveled at all speaks volumes.
Holland is one of the hotbeds of Islamic extremism in Europe. Filmmaker Theo Van Gogh, the grandson of Vincent Van Gogh, was murdered in 2004 by Islamofascist pig Mohammed Bouyeri, on a street in Amsterdam. Geert Wilders, a Dutch lawmaker, was charged in court and subsequently acquitted with ‘inciting hatred’ toward muslims. His ‘crime’ was telling the truth about Islam.
Europe has become a eunuch for the New Caliphate.
3. The number of incarcerated citizens in the U.S. can be debated all fucking day. If people weren’t jailed for relatively minor infractions, yeah you can reduce the number. The problem is, there’s a large segment of gangsta thugs, carjackers, rapists, habitual thieves, murderers, and repeat felons that populate the country and have to be dealt with. My solution for some of them—the brutal animals who commit heinous crimes and have no redeeming qualities—is to take them out and shoot the motherfuckers. Why should they be kept alive, fed, and housed on my dime? Just sayin’.
4. Defense spending should be in direct proportion to the needs of the country and the threat to democracy, worldwide. Granted, there’s a good deal of wasteful spending in the military, but that’s a drop in the fucking bucket when it comes to the wasteful spending and earmarks by politicians who have helped Barky Obama add $10 trillion to the national debt, bringing it to a total of $20 trillion.
5. The “war on poverty”: DemProg-controlled governments push the race card for political and monetary gain. It’s a racket that’s been going on since LBJ’s “Great Society”. To date, over $22 trillion has been spent on the ‘war on poverty’. It’s been a complete flop. It’s not just the Democrats’ fault. Republican presidents have signed the bills and Republican members of Congress have voted for them. There are underlying issues for the crime and poverty in black communities, all of which have been fueled by a political agenda designed to keep them on the Dem plantation. The Demagogues nurture the conditions and the social conduct that spawns the riots and other violence predominant in black neighborhoods. They do this by feeding the maws of class warfare. The Democrats have controlled America’s major urban areas for almost half a century. It’s a symbiotic relationship; they maintain power through the victimization of minorities. The entitlement culture will always expect a handout, and the Dems will always be there to give it to them. The bigotry of low expectations; it’s so much easier than personal accountability.
6. America, at least before Obama was installed, was the one country in the world with the leadership that the rest of civilized nations looked to for help. That “fundamental transformation” he touted during the campaign, was a vision to destroy America from the inside out; to rid us of our exceptionalism in exchange for global multiculturalism.
Want to make America great again? Overhaul the system and get back to the Constitution.