From the Daily Mail.
A Republican congressman known as a pit bull in Washington said Thursday that he doesn’t support the idea of impeachment proceedings against President Obama because winning that fight would elevate the vice president to the Oval Office.
‘Have you met Joe Biden?’ South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy asked during a Fox News Channel
Impeachment talk has swirled around Washington since the president announced that an executive order overhauling America’s immigration system is imminent.
But some in the GOP see Biden as Obama’s hedge against removal from office, since much of his public exposure has come in conjunction with a series of embarrassing gaffes.
A senior aide to a House Republican told MailOnline on Friday that ‘Avoiding the “I” word’ is a case of ‘better the devil you know than the devil you don’t.’
And Biden – he’s two floppy shoes short of a complete clown outfit. Let’s be honest: He’s Obama’s insurance policy.’
Impeachment is a process that begins in the House of Representatives with a list of charges that must fit what the U.S. Constitution calls ‘high crimes and misdemeanors’ – with ‘high’ referring to the level of the president’s office, not the seriousness of the offenses.
A supermajority of two-thirds of U.S. senators are required to convict America’s chief executive after a trial.
Let me get this straight. Gowdy thinks Obama is the lesser of two evils, just because Biden’s gaffes are outlandishly stupid.
It’s no wonder that the American public is cynical. I don’t care who is waiting in the wings. He deserves to be prosecuted.
You want high crimes and misdemeanors associated with the level of the office? Here ya go:
2. Making laws at his own discretion, bypassing Congress, and abusing ‘executive powers’.
3. For seizing America’s healthcare system and imposing oppressive taxation under the “Affordable Healthcare Act” (ObamaCare)
5. For engaging in illegal gunrunning to Mexican criminals (Fast and Furious), obstructing justice, lying under oath to Congress, and retaliating against ATF agents who refused to go along with the coverup.
6. For depraved indifference and dereliction of duty in the deaths of 4 Americans in Benghazi, including a U.S. Ambassador and two former SEALS.
7. For granting blanket amnesty to illegal aliens in direct violation of U.S. Code Title 8, sections 1324 and 1325, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and Article 1, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution.
8. For blanket, unconstitutional NSA surveillance of American citizens.
9. For the DOJ’s illegal tapping of reporters’ phones.
10. For instructing the IRS to target Tea Party and conservative groups by suppressing their 1st Amendment rights.
He has used his executive powers as an instrument to enact oppressive legislation against the will of the American people and violate the laws and the Constitution of the United States. There is no question that he should be impeached and removed from office.
No one in the entire Obama regime, including the Corruptocrat-in-Chief is being held accountable for their crimes. They get suspended with pay, removed from one position and shifted to another (“fired”), they resign to avoid legal consequences while in office, and are paraded in front of investigative hearings where a lot of hot air passes for real prosecution.
Any ordinary citizen caught doing a fraction of what the Obama regime has done, would be under the fucking prison.
Hey GOP: Fuck the dog and pony shows; impeach and prosecute. Put up or shut up.